Oceanway Ride Terms & Conditions
Following are the terms and conditions of entry of the Oceanway Ride (Event). These Terms are not negotiable and are designed to enable the Event to run safely. By registering to participate in the Event, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms. (For competitors under 18, a parent or guardian must accept) Oceanway Ride Pty Ltd is the Event Owner (The Organiser).
I agree to participate in the Event on the following basis:
- I acknowledge that cycling is a potentially hazardous activity that may involve the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users, and course or weather conditions and other causes.
- I understand that the “Staminade Ultimate Oceanway Ride and Sea to the Summit Gran Fondo is not a race and that roads will not be closed to traffic and all road rules apply.
- I understand the Family/ Tourist Loop is not a race and that the roads will be part closed to traffic and all road rules apply.
- I agree that I will abide by the directions of Queensland Police and Event marshals and Event officials and ride with care and consideration of other road users.
- As a participant I shall ride in a responsible and safe manner and shall be considerate of my fellow riders.
- I attest that I will be physically fit in order to complete the event safely. If I have any doubts about my fitness I will consult a suitably qualified medical practitioner to verify my physical condition.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that Event Organisers consider necessary during or after the event.
- I understand that the insurance cover for the Event does not cover participants for accidents caused by myself or another rider. I acknowledge that I have been recommended to obtain additional Personal Accident Insurance and Ambulance service membership prior to the event.
- I understand that it is necessary for my bike to be in sound mechanical order and suitable for public road riding prior to commencing the Event and that no pillion passengers, child seats or trailers are permitted in the Event.
- I certify that I am or shall be 18 years of age or over as at 9th September 2017 otherwise my parent/guardian has agreed to these Terms and Conditions. My parent/guardian agrees to release and indemnify The Organiser in the same manner and to the same effect and extent as if they were the person first named on the entry form and participating in the Event.
- The Event Owner reserves the right to refuse a participants registration and without giving reasons for its decision.
- That the Event owner, the relevant road authorities, all contractors, partners, servants and agents and all volunteers acting on behalf of the Event are released from all claims for injury, loss or damage of whatever kind I may suffer as a result of any acts or omissions whether negligent or otherwise of the Event Owners, relevant road authorities, servants or agents in relation to the Event.
- I understand that it is compulsory for me to wear all of the participant identification items at all times during the event. If I choose not to do so I will not be entitled to utilise the on course support resources or to enter the venue as an official participant.
- I understand that progressive course cut off times apply for locations “Staminade Ultimate Oceanway Ride” and the Sea to the Summit Gran Fondo the route and that if I fall behind these times I shall either board the SAG Wagon for transportation further along the route or hand over my rider identification and continue on alone and unsupported essentially not as an event participant.
- I agree that at all times during the event that I am responsible for my equipment and personal belongings.
- I understand that the Event Organisers may change the event format, course or other event conditions at their discretion. If that occurs, this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
- I agree that if the Event is altered or cancelled for reasons including storms, rain, inclement weather, winds or other Acts of God, or any other factors beyond the control of the organisers, my entry fee is non-refundable. I understand that unless otherwise stated in these Terms and as required by law, the Event owner is under no obligation to refund monies or entry fees due to cancellation, failure to participate or dissatisfaction by the participant.
- I acknowledge that my Registration is not transferable to other people under any circumstances. Any attempt to transfer my entry or allow another person to participate under my name may result in my registration being cancelled without refund.
- I understand that if I withdraw from the Event on or before Friday 25th August 2017, my entry fee will be refunded but a cancellation fee of $50 will apply. If I withdraw after Friday 25th August 2017, I acknowledge that no portion of my entry fee will be refunded.
- I understand that if I wish to cancel my participation in the Ride, I must notify the Event owner in writing, providing my name, address and reason for cancelling. To be eligible for a partial refund notification must be received by 5pm on Friday 25th August 2017.
- I understand that participation in the Event includes my permission and the right to use images or video footage of me taken on the course or at the Event site, in all forms of media without further approval or compensation.
- I agree that the Event Owner is able to disclose my personal information to sponsors and partners of the Event and a condition of entry into this event.